Call Today! 309-694-3196
As as a valued associate member of the Williams, Williams, & Bembenek team, Joe provides the leadership that will substantially increase success in your case. With more than 25 years experience in law, Joe can more than meet your legal needs.
Joe has prosecuted hundreds of cases involving violent crimes, property crimes, drug offenses and all felony post-conviction petitions for the State of Illinois as a member of the Peoria County State’s Attorney’s Office.
After beginning his legal career with a Chicago law firm, Joe moved to Peoria in 1989. He currently lives in Limestone Township, west of Bartonville, with his wife, June. He enjoys spending time with June and their families, reading history, playing his acoustic guitar and singing. He performs regularly at various venues and functions throughout the Peoria area. Joe also is an avid fan of the Beatles, collecting memorabilia for nearly 40 years, and the Chicago Blackhawks, Cubs and Bears, attending and watching games whenever time and schedule permit.
- Over 25 Years as Prosecuting Attorney
- 1989-1990 Peoria County Assistant State’s Attorney
- 1990-2003 Private practice
- 2003-2007 Peoria County Assistant State’s Attorney
- 2007-2013 Private practice
- 2013-present: Williams, Williams, & Bembenek, PC, East Peoria, Illinois
- Serves as assistant public defender for Tazewell County, Illinois
- Serves in the felony and traffic divisions
- State of Illinois
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Peoria County Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Lecturer and speaker at bar and paralegal association seminars
- Civil Litigation
Use this form to contact Joe Bembenek about your specific legal needs:
If you need assistance with a legal service that’s not listed here, Please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Click on any link below to view that attorney’s biography.